Wednesday, October 3, 2012

News and More Voices

It is going to be a loooonnnng day. You knew that yesterday when you left for Salt LakeTell them something that they don't know.  OK, I will:  It looks like we will get our financing and be able to buy the property in Oregon. Oh, you mean the Elk Snout property?  No, I mean the Riddle property.  That wasn't so hard, was it?  No, it wasn't, but there are a lot of people to tell.  Yes, well that is the problem with having friends and family isn't it - so many of them.  Good grief, if you had a house full of gold you would complain about having to move it so that you could dust.  I'm not complaining....it's just telling the story again.  Yeah, that is so hard.  You have been letting out the news over the last couple of months, I don't think people will be too surprised.  Why not, I was kind of surprised myself, and I'm right in the middle of it.  You aren't worried that people will be surprised, you are worried that they will yawn and look across the conversation and say 'hey, how about them Utes'.  I am not either worried.  It is fine with me if they do that.  I'm actually going to miss a lot of people at work.  Oh, and what about your kids here in Utah?  Not going to miss them?  Of course I'm going to miss them.  I miss them now, and I can run up and see them when ever I want too.  Yeah, but you don't....  No, I don't, and they don't come down much - what are you getting at. We have lives,  Nothing, just that now that when you move, the possibility of popping up for a quick visit will be gone.  Wow, Sherlock - you are good.  Something that we agree on finally.  Seriously, do we have to talk about this now?  We have been over this ground 50 times.  No we don't have to talk about it, I just like to see you wince a little.  *Silence*  Yeah, actually that I can believe - that is about your style.  I think I'm going to turn the Nano on and listen to something else for a while.  Coward.  I tell you the truth, and you can't face it.  You tell me your opinion and hope that it hurts a little.  Bloody good thing you were never a nurse.  You would be putting lemon juice in paper cuts and telling them that it kills germs.  And you are saying that it doesn't?  I'm not saying anything. I'm just starting the day, I have a lot to do, and I'd like to get organized.  I'd just as soon you went to sleep in the distractions of the day.  Thank Heavens we have group meeting this morning.  I know you can't last past that.  You are lucky to have my advice and counsel at all.  Advice and counsel?  Really?  More like sarcastic comment and abuse.  Why do you come around in the morning?  Because you at your weakest, and because I can.  Sort of like a lion - I choose the weak and the diseased as my prey.  Weak and diseased?  Your are ME.  Yes, don't remind me, this isn't pleasant for me either. OK, fine, keep yammering away, I'm going to put the Nano in and listen to someone who isn't so spiteful.  I'm not spiteful, someone has to keep you on task and out of trouble.....I'm not listening........

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! We'll be sad to see you go.

Annie of Blue Gables said...

We will be sad to leave you behind, Julie. It still hasn't sunk in yet for me. . .

Annie of Blue Gables said...

We will be sad to leave you behind, Julie. It still isn't real to me yet. . .

Katie said...

Congratulations from us too! We will probably see you about the same amount as we see you now. :) But it will be weird to not go "home" when we come to visit. Love you guys, and I'm excited for you both!
I still love the insight to the voices in your head.