So here is my list:
- picked huckleberries with Annie this morning. We hadn't picked them for almost a week, and the bushes were loaded. They are funny little berries - they hide behind every leaf and shadow. So you pick all that you see, and then stand up and stretch a little, and there is a whole new batch. We have enough for maybe a case of jelly jars. The plants are still blooming, and there is a lot of green fruit, so the harvest isn't over.
- mowed the lawn - nothing special about that.
- did some weeding in the garden. The zucchini and spaghetti squash are doing really well. Annie got a great recipe for zucchini that we really like.
- helped Annie spade out a section of lawn for a new iris bed. We took out the grass and mixed in 3 bags of compost. Annie did all the planting.
- sanded, repaired, and painted the little yellow boat. It is a little one, kind of like Andrew's Aflac, but with a pram bow. I painted her a bright yellow.... and came to the conclusion that we are just not yellow boat people. The light blue looks a lot better. I think that this little boat will be a tender when we are anchored, or if someone wants to do a little fishing without breaking camp. It is light enough to be the roof over the slot top as well.
That is about it. Nothing very earth shaking. We are both pretty tired, and will be heading for bed fairly soon. Church is at 9, so we can't sleep in too late. Monday is another day off, and we will be getting the flood. So, that will be fun.
Towards the end of the month we will be heading for Lake Powell , and the Kokopelli cruise. First one. We have been going to the messabout for about 5 years, but it has always been a one or two day affair. That is a long way to drive for one day! But this year I have saved enough vacation, and there don't seem to be any emergencies, and so we will go on the cruise. We will start at Hite - there is enough water this year to launch there, and then head down the channel to Good Hope Bay. Hopefully we will catch a few bass while we are at it.
So, with that in mind, I will be trying to get the boat and trailer in good condition. New plugs in the outboard, and a wrench and extra plugs in the tool kit. The prudent explorer.
Sleep well, and wake.